NOMINATION PACKET AND FORMS FOR THE 2016 GOVERNOR'S SCHOOL
The Nomination Packet and Forms for the 2016 session of the North Carolina Governor’s School are now available. Download the Packet for comprehensive information about the program, curriculum, timelines, eligibility and selection criteria, auditions, forms, tuition/scholarships, and more. Forms in the Packet cannot be completed electronically. To complete, save and print an individual form, download it from the list below.
Nomination Packet (for reference purposes only - do not complete)
Individual Forms (follow instructions in the Nomination Packet)
- For Schools/School Systems to Complete
- Public School Nomination Form
- Charter/Non-Public/Special School Nomination Form
- Student Eligibility and Scholastic Performance Form
- For Students/Others to Complete and Submit to Their School/School System
- Auditions for Performing/Visual Arts nominees for the 2016 session of the North Carolina Governor’s School will be held at Meredith College in Raleigh, except for the first Dance audition option scheduled for Statesville High School in Statesville. Introductory information has been available on Page 8 of the Nomination Packet (pdf, 348kb). In early to mid-January, approximately four weeks prior to their audition date, individual nominees will be mailed information with specific details (location, date, time, preparations, etc.).
- Dates for Auditions are:
- Saturday, February 6 – Dance only (Statesville High School, Statesville)
- Saturday, February 13 – Instrumental Music, Theater and Visual Art only (Meredith College, Raleigh)
- Saturday, February 20 – Choral Music and Dance only (Meredith College, Raleigh)
- Area-specific information for Auditions
ALTERNATE AUDITION OPTION
If a student cannot attend the in-person audition for any predetermined reason (e.g., schedule conflict, distance/travel concerns, finances, etc.), an alternate audition option will be available. The alternate will be the production and YouTube posting of a video (by the school only, not by the student or parent) according to prescribed instructions. The student’s school must submit an official form that makes the alternate request and assures the school’s agreement to produce the video appropriately. Both the in-person and alternate auditions are structured and rigorous; neither provides a selection advantage.
Alternate Audition Request Form (pdf, 578kb)
NOTE: This alternate audition option will be available for Choral Music, Instrumental Music, Theater and Visual Art, but not Dance. The format of the Dance audition does not allow for a video recording. Instead, to accommodate needs, two in-person Dance auditions are being offered.